September 23, 2008

Homemade Gifts...yum


I know I've been absent lately, and I'm SORRY DINA.... :)

But I've been busy blogging on another site and haven't had much time to devote to cooking. No excuse!

So, without further adieu, here's the beginning of the catching-up. A few weeks ago, a friend of Ryan's sent him home with a jar of plum preserves. Home-canned. DELICIOUS. And so, that little jar needed a complementary baked good. I whipped up a batch of whole-wheat zucchini bread (double the zucchini). My recipe makes enough for two loaves, but I like to fill a muffin pan (a dozen zucchini muffins), and then use the rest to make a small loaf. This time around, I froze the muffins for my grandmother and then made a personal delivery! They turned out great. Recipe coming soon...And more updates coming soon, too.

1 comments:

dina said...

>blush< i am so busted!

really, i just enjoy nagging ryan. it's fun.
thank you for posting. i am totally jealous.

i have a gajillion potatoes and onions from my greenling delivery, so I made a potato gratin with some local parmesan, etc. etc.
and i am gonna make a coconut milk curry with all the green beans, zuke and eggplant and pretty much force ryan to try it.
he made several different faces at the mention of curry so i have my work cut out for me.