Some of our friends who got a taste of the bread have asked for the recipe - and since it makes such a great Christmas gift (pack the dry goods in a jar), I have to oblige.
I adapted it from this Sunset magazine recipe, and it's SO easy to make. *If you don't have any buttermilk in the fridge, simply mix 1 1/2 cups of regular milk with 1 1/2 tablespoons of white vinegar, and let sit while you prepare the other ingredients. Happy holiday baking!
Chocolate Chip & Pecan Oatmeal Quick Bread
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Quick Bread
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups buttermilk (see note above)
2 large eggs
1/4 cup melted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing
2. In a small bowl, beat buttermilk, eggs, and butter.
3. Stir wet mixture into dry ingredients just until evenly moistened (batter will be lumpy).
4. Scrape into the ready pan, and bake in a 350° oven until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes.