Sure, you need quite the setup—but trust me, this is the easy way.
1. You’ll need a large pot of boiling water, a large bowl of ice water, and a clean bowl for the peeled peaches. Have a slotted spoon handy.
2. Put fresh peaches into the boiling water.
3. Boil for about a minute each, or until the skin begins to crack like this.
4. Drop into the ice water.
5. Gently peel off the skins. They should come off very easily!
6. Remove the pits. You can do this with a knife, or if you prefer, the old-fashioned way—with your clean hands!
A huge thank you to my lovely sister Aubrey for taking these photos! Check out her photography site, Aubrey L. Stopa Photography.