July 13, 2009

happiness is a KitchenAid mixer

After three weeks of feeling under the weather, I am happy to report that I am back. And last night's little stint in the kitchen (a loaf of pizza-dough-like bread and a pasta dish from our garden that you'll hear about soon enough) got me ready to tackle a slew of new recipes I've been chomping at the bit to try. Coupled with the fact that my tastebuds are functioning again, I'm ready to rev up the burners.

Tonight I'm planning on a home version of pizza with jalapenos and pineapple, along with a batch of zucchini bread and possibly some treats for Fin. And here is a short list of other fanciful creations I hope to be making in my kitchen very, very soon....

Chocolate sherbet, a la David Liebowitz
Lasagna tart, a la 101 Cookbooks
Pizza dough, also found at 101 Cookbooks

Not to mention, I just got my copy of Ratio by Michael Ruhlman and can't wait to learn those tricks of the trade. (Pate a choux, anyone?) Though, flipping through it, I see many French culinary terms that I don't yet recognize. (Pate a choux, anyone?) Perhaps I'll be purchasing Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking soon and tackling life Julie & Julia style...

The point is--and I know some of you out there have been wondering--I'm back on my feet and back in the kitchen, and I couldn't be happier about it!

1 comments:

Stephanie N. said...

Hi, I'm glad you're feeling better and posting again! I linked over to you from your bread machine comment on AT Kitchn, then realized I had visited your blog before, just a couple of weeks ago, and had added you to my Google reader on that occasion. I recently read Kingsolver's A, V, G and Pollan's O's D, so when I stumbled across your blog, I was very excited. I think it must have been around the time when you went under the weather. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to reading all about your kitchen adventures in sustainability and good-tastyness! And I just thought I should say hi.