December 21, 2012

On Turning In



I have been trying to find words to say, any words; and while I don't think these are perfect, it is what my heart has settled on. 

In the past week, there has been plenty of time for reflection. Grief, too, though I personally do not have a connection to the tragedy in Newtown. Each morning I have awoken with the twenty young children on my heart, and the six adults too, and I know I am not alone in this. 


Last Tuesday, one of my insightful yoga teachers talked about this being the season to turn inward; the natural energy is subdued and introspective, even while the festive holiday season rings out. Nature itself turns in, shielding itself against the harsh winter. Thankfully, as humans, we can turn to one another for warmth and comfort in a difficult time. This is what we can do for one another.

The holidays are a joyful time, and I am so very grateful for all of the blessings that shine so brightly this season. My hope is that you, too, are able to find light and joy in the days ahead, and that we can all share this peace with those who need it most.

And for all of you, May your days be merry and bright.

0 comments: